|Item type||Home library||Collection||Class number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item reservations|
|Short loan||Central Saint Martins Main collection||Printed books||706.9 HOR (Browse shelf (Opens below))||Issued||29/11/2021||54193585|
|Long loan||Chelsea College of Arts Main collection||Printed books||704.94938 HOR (Browse shelf (Opens below))||Issued||07/12/2021||54160187|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
Art today is defined by its relationship to money as never before. Prices of living artists' works have been driven to unprecedented heights, conventional boundaries within the art world have collapsed, and artists now think ever more strategically about how to advance their careers. Artists no longer simply make art, but package, sell, and brand it.
Noah Horowitz exposes the inner workings of the contemporary art market, explaining how this unique economy came to be, how it works, and where it's headed. He takes a unique look at the globalization of the art world and the changing face of the business, offering the clearest analysis yet of how investors speculate in the market and how emerging art forms such as video and installation have been drawn into the commercial sphere.
By carefully examining these developments against the backdrop of the deflation of the contemporary art bubble in 2008, Art of the Deal is a must-read book that demystifies collecting and investing in today's art market.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- List of Illustrations (p. xi)
- Preface (p. xiii)
- Acknowledgments (p. xix)
- Notes on Sources (p. xxi)
- Introduction (p. 1)
- Chapter 1 Video Art (p. 26)
- Chapter 2 Experiential Art (p. 87)
- Chapter 3 Art Investment Funds (p. 143)
- Conclusion (p. 188)
- Appendix A Record Prices for Video Art at Auction, December 2009 (p. 215)
- Appendix B The Film and Video Collections of Tate and the Whitney Museum of American Art (p. 218)
- Appendix C Art Investment Fund Universe (p. 257)
- Notes (p. 281)
- Selected Bibliography (p. 331)
- Index (p. 349)