|Item type||Home library||Collection||Class number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item reservations|
|Long loan||Central Saint Martins Main collection||Printed books||194 FOU (Browse shelf (Opens below))||Available||22192883|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
Applies Foucault's ideas to a cultural studies framework.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Acknowledgments (p. vii)
- 1. Governing the Present (p. 3)
- 2. Mapping the Intersections of Foucault and Cultural Studies: An Interview with Lawrence Grossberg and Toby Miller, October, 2000 (p. 23)
- 3. Culture and Governmentality (p. 47)
- Part I Knowledge, Theory, Expertise
- 4. Making Politics Reasonable: Conspiracism, Subjectification, and Governing through Styles of Thought (p. 67)
- 5. Bureaumentality (p. 101)
- 6. Disciplining Mobility: Governing and Safety (p. 135)
- Part II Policy, Power, and Governing Practices
- 7. Unaided Virtues: The (Neo)Liberalization of the Domestic Sphere and the New Architecture of Community (p. 165)
- 8. From Nation to Community: Museums and the Reconfiguration of Mexican Society under Neoliberalism (p. 207)
- 9. Designing Fear: How Environmental Security Protects Property at the Expense of People (p. 243)
- 10. Creating a New Panopticon: Columbine, Cultural Studies, and the Uses of Foucault (p. 273)
- Part III Technologies of the Self
- 11. Doing Good by Running Well: Breast Cancer, the Race for the Cure, and New Technologies of Ethical Citizenship (p. 295)
- 12. God Games and Governmentality: Civilization II and Hypermediated Knowledge (p. 317)
- 13. Subjectivity as Identity: Gender Through the Lens of Foucault (p. 337)
- Contributors (p. 353)
- Index of Names (p. 357)
- Index of Subjects (p. 361)
Author notes provided by Syndetics
Jack Z. Bratich is Assistant Professor of Communication at the University of New Hampshire.
Jeremy Packer is Assistant Professor of Communications at Penn State at University Park.
Cameron McCarthy is Research Professor of Communications and Professor of Educational Policy Studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is the author of The Uses of Culture: Education and the Limits of Ethnic Affiliation.